Bilateral Flanders-South African Research Project on Education Law
Objectives of the research
• To promote internationalisation and contribute to research on education law through enhanced cooperation among experts from VUB involved in EduLAw and South African Higher Education Institutions
Expected benefits for HEIs
• Incresed visibility of the EduLAw project in South Africa
• Contribution to internationalisation and stronger cooperation of HEIs
• Improved quality of research on education law
Expected benefits for staff
• Strengthened research in education law through international academic exchange of knowledge and ideas
• Participation in academic mobility
• Recognised research assignments abroad
Local Project Work Group Meeting, South Africa, March 2018
Mariette Reyneke, representatives of the EduLAw team, was networking with Christina Kafulo and her colleague to fulfilling the realization of the rights of the child in Africa. Christina Kafulo is Producer & IT Specialist at the Ministry of General Education Headquarters, Directorate of Open and Distance Education in Lusaka (Zambia).
Local Project Work Group Meeting, South Africa, turn of the year 2018
Around the turn of the year 2018, representatives of the EduLAw team were invited by South African faculties of law, education and sociology. They discussed how to create synergies with South African colleagues through sharing the EduLAw project outputs through open and distance learning. This would also include advanced training on the legal framework to tackle cyberbullying.